Eight weeks after Hurricane Maria struck the Caribbean island of Dominica, life is slowly getting back into a routine! After supporting the re-opening of schools – 60% have now opened – we now want to help make Dominica green again!
Here, the IsraAID team helps school children plant crops in the school garden to ensure that in six weeks, fresh vegetables will be available again!
IsraAID, founded in 2001, is a NON-PROFIT, NON-GOVERNMENTAL and APOLITICAL organization committed to providing life-saving disaster relief and long term support. For over a decade, our teams of professional medics, search & rescue squads, post-trauma experts and community mobilizers, have been first on the front lines of nearly every major humanitarian response in the 21st century.
In over a decade, IsraAID has:
- Responded to crises in 39 countries
- Reached over 1,000,000 people
- Distributed over 1,000 tons of relief and medical supplies
- Trained more than 5,000 local professionals
- Mobilizes over 1000 staff, volunteers, and professionals (among them professional rosters from many different fields of expertise).
Supporting IsraAID’s campaign to raise funds for Dominica here.