“The patient in the ER asked for some water to drink; the nurse apologized and said that unfortunately, there isn’t any…”
IsraAID’s volunteer nurse practitioner, Tammy Schecter Dolgin, is deployed at the Princess Margaret hospital in Dominica. She is working in the ER ward, as part of our Emergency Response team, supporting the hospital staff who have been working day and night since Hurricane Maria devastated the island. Tammy is also part of IsraAID’s Mobile Medical Unit that helps treats the more hard-to-reach communities across Dominica.
Meanwhile, our water engineers are checking water contamination levels across island, and distributing filters to enable affected communities to access clean water!
IsraAID, founded in 2001, is a NON-PROFIT, NON-GOVERNMENTAL and APOLITICAL organization committed to providing life-saving disaster relief and long term support. For over a decade, our teams of professional medics, search & rescue squads, post-trauma experts and community mobilizers, have been first on the front lines of nearly every major humanitarian response in the 21st century.
In over a decade, IsraAID has:
- Responded to crises in 39 countries
- Reached over 1,000,000 people
- Distributed over 1,000 tons of relief and medical supplies
- Trained more than 5,000 local professionals
- Mobilizes over 1000 staff, volunteers, and professionals (among them professional rosters from many different fields of expertise).
Support them at: https://goo.gl/r8oenh