At the beginning of 2018, Dominica’s premier hotel, the Fort Young Hotel, reopened to the public and thereafter launched its voluntourism package. The hotel is charged with rehabilitating Segment 3 of the Waitukubuli National Trail.
Dominica, the Caribbean’s true natural treasure, is so beautifully untouched that it borders supernatural. Abounding with lush rain forests, waterfalls, rivers and uninhibited coastlines, the island is a rich mine waiting to be discovered. Luckily, Fort Young Hotel now offers the opportunity to do so—all whilst giving back to the earth in the wake of a land-altering storm.
The hotel’s new Voluntourism package offers:
- 5 nights of accommodation
- Full breakfast daily
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Tour of the island
- Three days of transportation to Segment 3 of the Waitukubuli National Trail
- Taxes and charges included
Starting at $837.00 USD per person
Here, one can catch a glimpse of the Morne Trois Pitons National Park and Boiling Lake, all while admiring exotic flora, fauna, sulfur springs and hot spas. With this package, guests will embark upon the challenging 12.8 km hike and do their part by clearing debris along the way so future travelers can, too, enjoy the trail’s bewildering beauty. And, of course, hikers will be rewarded with a soothing bath in clear waters and stunning vistas of the Giraudel Botanic Gardens.
And, while the Voluntourism package offers the coveted opportunity to experience the island’s natural splendor, guests will, too, benefit Dominica with their much-needed tourism and volunteer efforts. A true ethical getaway, the package allows one to experience the island’s grandeur while, likewise, being an essential factor in its continued growth.
Terms and conditions:
- A guaranteed reservation assures you of a room even if you check in very late (after 6:00 pm).
- All reservations made through this web site must be guaranteed to a major credit card.
- One night will be charged at the time of booking with the remaining due upon arrival.
- Cancellations for a hotel room reservation must be received two (2) days prior to arrival.
- If cancellation of a guaranteed reservation is not received by the required date, we will charge for one night’s accommodation.
- Guarantee/Deposit and Change/Cancellation Fees will depend on selected dates and room/rate combination.
- The booking period will be valid through May 20, 2018, with the travel period comprising January 1 – May 31. The package price starts at $837 with a nightly rate discounted 25% and rates for all package components discounted 10-15%.