The Dominica Red Cross has set up a Water Filtration Treatment Plant which pumps 5000 liters of potable drinking water at Checkhall.
The public is advised that they can access the taps from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM daily.
The General object of the Dominica Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate suffering with complete impartiality, making no discrimination as to nationality, race, sex, religious belief, class or political options.
- To act in case of armed conflict, and prepare to act on behalf of all war victims, both civilian and military.
- To contribute to the improvement of health, the prevention of disease and the mitigation of suffering.
- To organise, within the scope of the national plan, emergency relief services for victims of disasters.
- To recruit, train and assign personnel for the discharge of its responsibilities.
- To promote the participation of youth in the work of the Red Cross.
- To disseminate the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and International Humanitarian Law in order to develop the ideals of peace, respect, and understanding amongst all people.